Tonight I’m gonna take that ride.
Across the river to the Jersey side.
Except that it’s tomorrow night. Stop pretending like all wordplay, metaphors, and references were made for your sole satisfaction. Regardless, those lyrics manage to get me stoked every damn time.
With my 24th birthday taking place next Monday, Jenny and I are making the trek back to my home state tomorrow evening after work for a bit of celebration. Along with the obligatory dinner out with my dad and grandparents and listening to the Boss on repeat, I plan on celebrating with the following activities:
- Going for a run in Double Trouble
- Eating steak from the German butcher, grilled veggies, and Jersey corn
- Staying up way later than I normally allow myself, solely because I want to sit around in my old room
- Eating a proper bagel. Make that a proper bagel with pork roll, egg, and cheese on it.
- Kayaking across the bay to IBSP with my stepdad
- Lounging on the unguarded beaches, tossing a frisbee, body boarding, and getting battered by waves
- Crushing a caramel apple from the boardwalk
- Eating quality pizza
- Consuming a single beer with my parents
- Pounding a cake
And hopefully many more things that I can’t think of at the moment. I hope you all enjoy your weekends as much as I do.